Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Charles Hill

East of Braefoot point, below Monk's Cave, I staked out the moths from 22:00 for a couple of hours, adding 4 species to the Bay total. This is what I consider to be the eastern limit of Dalgety Bay. It skirts Aberdour golf course, but Monk's Cave is in the Inverkeithing and Dalgety Bay administrative area and it ain't Inverkeithing. Anyway it has lots of lovely calcicole plants and a nice coastal grassland/heath feel about it. Enough Rock Rose to host NBA too.

Lepiled and Braefoot terminal

More than met expectations with more Annulet, which I expected, but also Lobesia littoralis and Agonopterix nervosa, which I hadn't.

As a bonus, on the way out I saw a badger galumph across the road and into the undergrowth.

Annulet

A.nervosa

Lobesia littoralis

Edit - I forgot about this Least Yellow Underwing! The DBY list now stands at 2507




2 comments:

  1. I'm on Islay for a week and had my first ever Annulet last night. Bizarre coincidence :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice :) Been a while since I was on Islay. I miss the islands

      Delete