Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Plants quickie update

Been neglecting plants of late, trying to pick up some better distribution of flies now the sun is shining (ish).

However, a few nice and expected things are emerging. The Lords-and-ladies is flowering in Dalgety Bay, and I found a new patch this lunchtime at St.Margaret's. The Adoxa in Aberdour is alive and well. And, while visiting St.Margaret's to check out the flies I also stumbled across Middle-flowered Winter-cress (Barbarea intermedia), which was a very nice surprise, and my 15th addition to the NT18 list this year. Oh, and the Woodruff in Dalgety Bay. I forgot to mention the Woodruff that I looked in on yesterday - yep, all fine.

I need to get my finger out now there's a big surge in plant appearance. Otherwise I'm going to miss a bunch of spring-flowering things.

Woodruff

Town Hall Clock

Lords-and-ladies

Myosotis discolor - a popping up pavement weed

Barbarea intermedia

Lower stem leaves

Upper stem leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment