Tuesday, February 9, 2021

5MR - not just me

looking west

blue sky between squalls

chilly wader roost

Met another Bay birder at lunch and was glad to hear that I'm not alone in looking for Little Auks with no luck. I have missed out on a RN Grebe and a couple of Little Gull, it seems. But then I had other things to do. Now I don't, since everything's under snow! Might try to get in a quick session tomorrow morning. Some nice Godwits were a welcome surprise in the high tide roost. Not a stormer, but a good one for here.

Thousands of Pinkies were heading south in a short time and Skylarks were flitting all over the place, too. A few Fieldfare and Redwings were also in the mix of movers. Not very comfortable weather for outdoor living.

even more chilly wader roost


69 Grey Wagtail

70 Common Buzzard

71 Fieldfare

72 Bar-tailed Godwit


No comments:

Post a Comment